Whether you're a busy mum or a women on the go, we are all looking for a quick (healthy) fix. For the first two months of my daughter’s life, I did not eat breakfast. Most days were a 2pm lunch kind of deal. In those early days and on lots of busy days since, simple snacks like this one were a lifesaver.
Whip them up ahead of time for an easy, on-the-road snack packed with fibre, energy and plant-sourced sweetness. They’re perfect for sharing with little eaters too.
- 250g pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons linseed
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (can be substituted for cocoa powder)
- 30ml olive or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ cup rolled oats Shredded coconut for rolling
1.Combine all ingredients in a food processor for 4-5 minutes until a smooth dough forms.
2. Separate dough into 2cm portions and roll between hands to form a ball. Roll each ball in shredded coconut until coated.
3. That’s it! Store in the fridge until snack time. These energy balls will store well in a jar for 3-4 days.
Written by Hannah Busch
Want 15% OFF your first purchase at Elka Swim? Join The Confidence Club.