Fitness can be defined in three different ways – a state or condition of being fit, good health, and especially good physical condition resulting from exercise or proper nutrition.
Hippocrates said, “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health”.
How do you define fitness? What exactly does fitness mean to you?
Fitness is not only about your body, but your mind must be fit as well, but you also need to train your mind to push beyond and break any barriers that you may have imprisoned yourself in. Train your mind to be courageous and kind, train your mind to have compassion and understanding, but most of all train your mind to have strength so that you will be able to achieve your goals.
To start a fitness routine or set up a totally new lifestyle you will need to start with your mind. Once the decision has been made, it will all become a lot easier. The first thing you will need is to know exactly what it is that you want to achieve – lose weight, gain weight, tone up, get stronger, health reasons or simply for a better quality of life.
Then you will need a nutrition plan or a healthy eating plan, based on your individual needs as well as a fitness routine that is fun, fast and effective. Did you know that 70% of your results in respect to burning fat and growing muscles, will come from what you put in your mouth?
You can join a fitness program that can stimulate your metabolism to provide rapid results, yet to avoid any extra weight gain once your fitness program has finished, and achieve long-lasting results, you need to believe in yourself and promise yourself that this is not a new fad but rather a permanent lifestyle change.
Here are 10 POWER TIPS from Kasey at Power Plate Studio Noosa to help you succeed with your goals
- 1. You will need to have a positive attitude. Set yourself achievable goals and achieve them, repeat until larger goals are achieved. Set goal, Take action, goal achieved, repeat.
- 2. Eat low GI foods, preferable fresh and unprocessed, including fruit and vegetables.
- 3.Plan to do aerobic exercise (huffy puffy) at least 3 times a week.
- 4. Drink lots of water, at least 2 – 4 Litres per day.
- 5. Ensure that your training includes, resistance or free weight training for increasing your metabolism, maintaining lean muscle mass and improve your quality of life.
- 6. Work on improving your flexibility.
- 7. Create a daily walk that is achievable every single day.
- 8. Flush your body’s toxins, you can do this by going alcohol-free and sugar-free.
- 9. Listen to your body, if something is not achievable in the first week, do not get discouraged, set smaller goals that are achievable to lead to the larger goals.
- 10. Stay motivated, even on difficult days. Results happen when you are not looking for them.
Remember that the most important thing is to start. Start at the beginning and move forward to where you want to be, at first smaller steps and with practice, much bigger achievements. Start moving and create a fitness plan that works for you.
Health and vitality come in all shapes and sizes, and it is important to be the healthiest weight we can achieve and maintain, rather than focus on being thin at any cost. By looking after ourselves and our bodies in the best way we can, our weight/size will evolve to the healthiest level that is possible.
Make a decision about your fitness, start moving and you will soon see results.
For more, contact Fitness Expert & Owner of Power Plate Studio Noosa, Kasey Maree.